About the Department
Since its inception in 1989, the Department of Economics of the College of Business, Economics, and Accountancy has been continuously providing quality education, research, and extension in Economics. It offers Bachelor of Science in Economics which is a four-year degree program that prepares the students to develop knowledge, skills and tools in economics deemed necessary in decision-making and development policy formulation in government, business, industry, non-government organizations and peoples’ organizations. The study of economic theories and practices enables the students to understand and analyze the complexities of local and global economies. The capstone of the course is the writing of an economic or business research, which is an important basis for management planning and investment decisions.
Graduates, students, and faculty members of the Department have been active participants in national and international research gatherings and collaborations. They have also been recipients of awards, recognitions, and scholarships both here and abroad.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics (4-year course)
- Bachelor of Science in Economics – Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation (ETEEAP)
The Department of Economics aims to produce professionals who are able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of economic theories, and standard methods used in economic research;
- demonstrate the ability to diagnose economic problems using appropriate theories and methodologies;
- effectively communicate economic arguments and research results;
- appreciate and practice good citizenship; and
- demonstrate a deep commitment to maintaining high ethical standards especially in constituting, analyzing, and interpreting economic data and results.
- The BS Economics program is awarded Level III Phase 2 re-accredited status by the Accrediting Agency for Chartered Colleges and Universities (AACCUP) on October 2010.